Yes, it’s another rogue antivirus package that causes all sorts of headaches, popups, false warnings and yes, you have to pay to solve the problems it claims to find. Essentially the software, when installed creates lot’s of files that on scanning your system it “discovers” and claims they are a threat. It seems like everyday there is another of these programs that is a rogue security or rogue antivirus and I guess the flavor of the day is SystemCop. I have seen reports that this rogue application is in the same family as BlockDefense, SaveDefense, Trust Ninja, WiniBlueSoft, WiniFighter.
So, how do you remove systemcop? First I would go to the virus and malware toolkit page and download malwarebytes antimalware, copy it to the affected machine.
You may (as with many of these rogue security applications) be able to install malwarebytes, update it and then scan. After scanning tell it to remove the files it finds. If that doesn’t work, you may reboot into safe mode and retry.
However, this program may make the system unstable and slow so you may want to just go ahead and use task manager to kill of the running processes for systemcop. So what running processes does System Cop use?
And if you want to get rid of systemcop manually you will want to delete the following files (and their folders).
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemCop
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemCop1 SystemCop.lnk
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemCop2 Homepage.lnk
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemCop3 Uninstall.ln
There are registry entries associated with this program, but I would recommend running an application such as malwarebytes antimalware after the manual deletion of these files to ensure that all traces are removed. (I don’t recommend you diving into cleaning out the registry keys by hand.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove PCSecure | PCSecure Removal Guide PCSecure is a recent rogue antivirus from the notorious and prolific wini family of rogue security software. It is typically promoted via trojan downloaders. Usually these will be on a website with a video that may be highly sought after. In order to see the video though you are told......
- How to Remove SecureKeeper | Secure Keeper Removal SecureKeeper is a rogue antivirus application in the Wini family (with their recent new look user interface.) The Wini family is a very long running line of rogue security applications that have been producing two to three different rogues each week. Of course, the primary changes are the names, but......
- How to Remove SystemCleanerPro | SystemCleanerPro Removal Guide SystemCleanerPro is a rogue antivirus application. It is a part of the WinSpywareProtect family and will run at system startup. It will popup many warnings about your computers security (or lack thereof). It will scan your system and claim there are viruses and it will repeatedly nag you about purchasing......
- An Overview Of What Mozy Has To Offer For business owners (and even homeowners) these days, it is important to make use of tools that provide backup services for their digital files. And such a need is what mozy was specifically developed for. Such a program offers great file backup and file storage solutions for both business as......
- How do RSS Feeds Work? If you’re confounded by that little orange graphic you see on blogs, it’s time to learn all about RSS and how it can benefit your own blog. Most software packages and content management systems offer RSS capablility, but it’s up to you to implement it. When used properly, RSS feeds......
- Free Registry Cleaner - Safely Scan And Repair Registry Problems If your computer is running slowly and you are limited for funds then using a free trial registry cleaner makes good sense. However, choosing the right one can be a little tricky especially if you have limited knowledge of them. On the other hand, eventually working your way towards a......
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- Remove Proof Defender | Proof Defender Removal
- How to Remove BlockDefense | Block Defense Removal