Yes, it’s another rogue antivirus package that causes all sorts of headaches, popups, false warnings and yes, you have to pay to solve the problems it claims to find. Essentially the software, when installed creates lot’s of files that on scanning your system it “discovers” and claims they are a threat. It seems like everyday there is another of these programs that is a rogue security or rogue antivirus and I guess the flavor of the day is SystemCop. I have seen reports that this rogue application is in the same family as BlockDefense, SaveDefense, Trust Ninja, WiniBlueSoft, WiniFighter.
So, how do you remove systemcop? First I would go to the virus and malware toolkit page and download malwarebytes antimalware, copy it to the affected machine.
You may (as with many of these rogue security applications) be able to install malwarebytes, update it and then scan. After scanning tell it to remove the files it finds. If that doesn’t work, you may reboot into safe mode and retry.
However, this program may make the system unstable and slow so you may want to just go ahead and use task manager to kill of the running processes for systemcop. So what running processes does System Cop use?
And if you want to get rid of systemcop manually you will want to delete the following files (and their folders).
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemCop
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemCop1 SystemCop.lnk
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemCop2 Homepage.lnk
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemCop3 Uninstall.ln
There are registry entries associated with this program, but I would recommend running an application such as malwarebytes antimalware after the manual deletion of these files to ensure that all traces are removed. (I don’t recommend you diving into cleaning out the registry keys by hand.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide AntiAdd is a rogue antivirus application. It is installed via trojans that claim to be video codec or flash player updates and then once installed on the system it will claim to be scanning your computer and discovering all sorts of viral infected files. In addition to this it may......
- How to Remove DefendAPC | DefendAPC Removal Guide DefendAPC is the latest variation on the Wini family of rogue antivirus. It is typically promoted via the use of trojans, malware and aggressive advertising. Once installed on the system it will run supposed scans of the system claiming that you have viruses on your system and that you have......
- How to Remove SecureKeeper | Secure Keeper Removal SecureKeeper is a rogue antivirus application in the Wini family (with their recent new look user interface.) The Wini family is a very long running line of rogue security applications that have been producing two to three different rogues each week. Of course, the primary changes are the names, but......
- Best Registry Cleaner And Repair- An Easy Choice? The number one reason your computer is slower now than it was when it was new is that your system registry is corrupted and contains errors. So what is the registry, and how do you fix it? Simply put, the registry is an internal database that your computer uses to......
- Social Security's Death Clock Ticks Faster this Year [Today's guest post is by Kosmo, a man with more irons in the fire than your local iron incinerator. He recently launched a consulting business (Sparks by Kosmo) and announced plans to publish a book on the lives of sports card collectors. Today, as he pursues a run at the......
- How do RSS Feeds Work? If you’re confounded by that little orange graphic you see on blogs, it’s time to learn all about RSS and how it can benefit your own blog. Most software packages and content management systems offer RSS capablility, but it’s up to you to implement it. When used properly, RSS feeds......
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- Remove Proof Defender | Proof Defender Removal
- How to Remove BlockDefense | Block Defense Removal