Live Enterprise Suite is yet another rogue security application. This is a successor to the frustrating Internet Antivirus Pro and Ghost Antivirus rogues. Like many of these security rogues they are pushed through malware and aggressive advertising. This may be a website that when visited a screen pops up that appears to be doing a scan on your computer. However, everyone sees the same video when they visit the site, so you may see the same message whether you’re browsing with windows, apple mac or linux. Unfortunately, this trick is effective and many will click on the link they provide which installs the software on the local machine. Read on for how to remove live enterprise suite.
Among the other usual nuisances of these pests, this one also installs the TDL3 rootkit and disables task manager. It also deactivates security software that it is able to find and get rid of. This can be a very challenging infection to clean up and you may need to resort to a livecd and deleting some of the files to regain control over the system. You may use either the recovery console or a bartpe/ultimate boot cd disk or even a linux boot disk to remove the files.
There are a number of other things you may try to remove this rogue. First you may want to visit the control panel and add/remove programs and attempt to uninstall live enterprise suite. It probably won’t work, but is worth a try. If it DOES work, then you should scan your system with a malware removal tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware (or both) and a reputable antivirus before considering it clean.
To remove live enterprise suite you will want to use an automated tool if at all possible such as superantispywares portable scanner or malwarebytes antimalware (both can be found on the virus removal tools page.) The portable scanner from superantispyware is easier and has some advantages. 1) it is randomly named each download so, is not likely to be noticed and terminated by the rogue. 2) It is updated daily, so you don’t need to check for updates if you’ve downloaded the portable scanner fresh today. That much said, you may not be able to download anything on the affected machine, so make use of a usb flash drive for this and a clean computer.
If you have trouble running either superantispyware’s portable scanner or the malwarebytes antimalware installer you may try the following and then re-attempt to run your chosen cleaner. 1) rename the program to something that will be more likely allowed to run (explorer.exe iexplore.exe firefox.exe are good candidates.) 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and try running again. Malwarebytes will need safe mode with networking to perform an update to make certain that you have the latest definition updates.
Remove anything that is found and scan again. I usually keep scanning and alternate malware removal/antivirus tools until the system is clean. If you have trouble logging in to windows after cleaning, then read this for suggestions on what to do.
The files associated with live enterprise suite are listed below. You will need to delete this files if you have to do a manual removal of live enterprise suite. You may make use of the recovery console or a windows live cd such as bartpe, ultimate bootcd or a linux boot cd to be able to remove the files listed. Unfortunately some of the files are randomly named and so will be different from one install to another. For this reason, you need to be careful in determining which files to delete. Use the locations seen here, the files you see on your system and your best judgment to decide. (When in doubt make a folder to quarantine to and MOVE the files there.)
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise Suite
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise Suitesettings.ini
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise Suiteuill.ini
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise Suiteunins000.exe
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise Suiteupdateloadlist.ini
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise Suitedb
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise Suitedbconfig.cfg
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise SuitedbTimeout.inf
%user%Application DataLive Enterprise SuitedbUrls.inf
%user%Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftWindowslog.txt
%user%Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftWindowspguard.ini
%user%Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftWindowsservices.exe
%user%My DocumentsMy Picturesatbyin.exe
%progfiles%Live Enterprise Suite
%progfiles%Live Enterprise Suiteactivate.ico
%progfiles%Live Enterprise SuiteExplorer.ico
%progfiles%Live Enterprise SuiteLive Enterprise Suite.exe
%progfiles%Live Enterprise Suiteunins000.dat
%progfiles%Live Enterprise Suiteuninstall.ico
%progfiles%Live Enterprise Suiteworking.log
I’m still working to confirm/complete the list of files above. Even after a full manual removal of live enterprise suite you should follow up with scans using a trusted malware removal tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware. Also, scan with a reputable antivirus application. Reputable doesn’t have to mean a paid antivirus, free is okay, an online scanner can be all right, just make sure that it is a more trusted name such as AVG/avira/trendmicro/norton/mcafee/etc.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Volcano Security Suite | Volcano Security Suite Removal Guide The prolific and frustrating VUNDO trojan family is currently in the process of bringing a new gift to those with the misfortune of being infected with the vundo trojan. This is a new rogue antivirus application known as Volcano Security Suite. It appears as though it may be delivered by......
- How to Remove Antivirus Live | Antivirus Live Removal Guide Antivirus Live is a rogue antivirus application that usually is installed without the permission of the owner of the computer. Simple web browsing may be enough when visiting the wrong site for this to introduce itself onto the machine via a trojan or even aggressive advertising within the page that......
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide Windows System Defender is a new rogue antivirus software along the lines of Windows PC Defender (See the Windows PC Defender Removal guide) (I believe it's the same family of malware.) It claims to be a powerful and effective antivirus and antispyware suite, but will overwhelm you with warnings and......
- Brisbane Marina, Brisbane, CA Phone: (650) 583-6975 Boat Launch? Yes, the marina offers this facility. Average Depth: 10 feet. Please be advised that this may change due to the season or to adverse weather conditions. It is always best to call ahead to check on current water levels before you arrive. Marine Standby......
- 6 Inexpensive Ideas for Living Rooms Many ideas for living rooms involve changing the walls from paint to a textured look to wallpaper, or remodeling a fireplace. Most of the remodeling options for living rooms are large and expensive, like new flooring, windows or even new wall framing. But there are several things you can do......
- Windows 7 Sales Spike to Overtake Mac OS X [/caption]Proving there is no accounting for taste Microsoftâs latest attempt at a decent operating system, Windows 7, is now running on 5% of the computers online.Â The daily average of online users as measured by Internet metrics company Net Applications showed that an increase last week put Windows 7 above......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Suite | Removal Guide
- How to Remove Enterprise Suite | Enterprise Suite Removal Guide
- Remove Personal Antivirus
- How to Remove Desktop Security 2010 | Desktop Security 2010 Removal Guide