Yes, it’s another wolf in sheeps clothing. This time around Sunbelt is reporting on “Trust cleaner”. Keep your eyes out for this one, among other things it plants an altered version of the Google page complete with links to dating, gambling, ringtones, pharmacy, home loans and spyware removers…….. (the fake site is at mswindowssearch.com – trustcleaner.com trustinbar.com are download sites for the pest….) If you’re in a position to block addresses…. read more for the list….
Here’s a list to block
While we’re in the spyware theme… Again from sunbelt blog… there was a mention a couple days ago about iframecash.biz being down – well they’ve just moved to another domain name… or a few:
Well, they are actually running just fine, thank you — albeit at a different site, iframemoney(dot)biz. In fact, here’s the whole happy bunch:
184.108.40.206 iframemoney biz Charles Manuel email@example.com
220.127.116.11 xarwiroozc biz Charles Manuel firstname.lastname@example.org
18.104.22.168 xcytxcxqrb biz Charles Manuel email@example.com
22.214.171.124 xdnsupulub biz Charles Manuel firstname.lastname@example.org
126.96.36.199 xepvdhdnzs biz Charles Manuel email@example.com
188.8.131.52 xffsktxdul biz Charles Manuel firstname.lastname@example.org
184.108.40.206 xgbgsfmdis biz Charles Manuel email@example.com
So there’s more for your blocklists. Be careful out there.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Qemu 0.8.1 (with kqemu 1.3.0pre7) While I was testing out the "single cut and paste" linux vnc remote desktop sharing script and x11vnc binary.... I spent a fair amount of time booting up livecd's n qemu to test various distributions/ages of linux setups to see how compatible things were. I had not checked in at......
- ClamAV 0.94.1 to phone home The release candidate for version 0.94.1 of clam antivirus and they are eager for people to get out and test it. There is a new feature in this release called "malware statistics gathering" that will pass along observed malware information back to clamav.net - they hope to be posting statistics......
- Beware: Wolves in sheeps clothing found on different sites (security scams) This is another "wolf in sheeps clothing" alert. The Sunbelt blog has information and tips on a number of other sites that are posing as either the Windows security center page, or a page not found error. The windows security center spoof once again claims the following "Attention! Your system......
- Chelsea's Wedding Good for Economy? Now that it's behind us, I've been thinking about this. There was criticism over its cost, especially in these tough economic times. But let's take a look (thanks to ABC News) at the expenses of the Clinton wedding. Reception Space: $125,000 to $200,000 Catering: $750,000 Flowers: $250,000 Music: $40,000 Wedding......
- WordPress in Depth Need a Manual for WordPress? WordPress has grown into the number 1 blogging tool in its category: several million bloggers have downloaded this powerful open source software, and millions more are using WordPress.com’s hosted services. Thirty-two of Technorati’s Top 100 blogs now use WordPress. WordPress InDepth, 2nd edition is a......
- New Loan Funded — Try this one more time, group leader, wantabe borrower — $19,500 at 14.34% — AA Credit — DTI 59% A new loan funded (Try this one more time, group leader, wantabe borrowerÂ Â â $19,500 at 14.34%).Â I participated via my standing order RL Overlooked.Â The borrower hadÂ AA credit, a 59% DTI, and is a homeowner.Â This was a non autofunding loan.Â As a reminder my standing orders (and manual bids)Â only......
- Spyware news and musings
- Adware, spam, bots, keyloggers, 180solutions, etc. etc. etc. oh my…
- Emails to abuse admins
- CJB sites spawning spyware downloads?
- Another wolf in sheeps clothing to watch for