F-Secure is reporting on another SPAM attack that tries to get people to click on a link to a site with an exploit-crafted WMF file. The message is along the lines of a claimed Professor at Yale announcing the unfortunate vandalism over the New Year holiday, the link purports to be pictures of the act in the “hope that someone may recognize the culprits work”. I’m sure this won’t be the last of that sort….
Administrators: you might want to block these at your gateways:
http access to playtimepiano[dot]home[dot]comcast[dot]net (do not visit this site)
tftp (ie. UDP) access to 18.104.22.168
IRC access to 22.214.171.124:8080
IRC access to 126.96.36.199:8080
IRC access to 188.8.131.52:8080
IRC access to 184.108.40.206:8080
IRC access to 220.127.116.11:8080
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Rootscan.info? More Rogue Security Software on the horizon? To follow up the last post about watching google hot trends.... I noticed an unusual search in the trends for rootscan.info. It currently seems to redirect to a site talking about rogue antivirus removal so it might not be anything, but the related searches for virus doctor, virus doctor removal,......
- Network security - how safe is your network? Looking at ARP A while back I did a network security series and one of the points that I mentioned was that it's important to know what is normal for your network. In other words, what machines are NORMALLY connected, what services are normally running, etc. Well, I'm about to start a serious......
- Barcode Scam to get $4.99 iPod A Colorado University student was arrested for a barcode scam after trying to buy an iPod for $4.99 (with a fake barcode) at a Colorado Target store. Apparently the scam was successful once and he came back a second time. Basically he used a barcode printing program to duplicate the......
- 5 Reasons to Throw Away Your 401K I've been doing a lot of thinking about 401K's lately. Almost every financial professional screams from the top of his/her lungs that it's a great deal. If your company offers matching funds it's probably a great idea to take advantage of that. If you are like me and your company......
- 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's Here is the list of 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's taken from VH1. In my opinion, this list is legitimate. Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (1991, #6 US) U2 - "One" (1991, #10 US) Backstreet Boys - "I Want It That Way" (1999, #6 US) Whitney Houston......
- An Investment Average of 10% won't Guarantee Success An Investment Average of 10%Â won'tÂ Guarantee Success I saw a great advertisement released by my office's parent company today; I have never released what my office's parent company is...and I am not about to start now! Notwithstanding my obsession with privacy, I couldn't get over this info and felt like I......
- F-secure list of sober virus urls
- Link to Me
- Another wolf in sheeps clothing to watch for
- The D-Link DWL-800AP+ as a wireless repeater to extend wireless range – Part 4
- Update on Internet Explorer Exploit in the wild