F-Secure is reporting on another SPAM attack that tries to get people to click on a link to a site with an exploit-crafted WMF file. The message is along the lines of a claimed Professor at Yale announcing the unfortunate vandalism over the New Year holiday, the link purports to be pictures of the act in the “hope that someone may recognize the culprits work”. I’m sure this won’t be the last of that sort….
Administrators: you might want to block these at your gateways:
http access to playtimepiano[dot]home[dot]comcast[dot]net (do not visit this site)
tftp (ie. UDP) access to 22.214.171.124
IRC access to 126.96.36.199:8080
IRC access to 188.8.131.52:8080
IRC access to 184.108.40.206:8080
IRC access to 220.127.116.11:8080
IRC access to 18.104.22.168:8080
Related PostsRelated Posts
- chkconfig for ubuntu or other debian based linux systems As I've mentioned I've got an ubuntu based test system. Most of my linux experience has been from a red-hat derivitive-based background and for that, at the command line, you have chkconfig which is a good tool for checking the configuration of services to run at startup. It is a......
- Microsoft Outlook - duplicate email messages Part II This is part II, click here for part one of the saga... Okay, so I revisit to install Microsoft Office 2003 SP2 and hope that solves it. Somewhere along this time, I had also found a suggestion of removing the entire mail PROFILE and creating a new one. *(The theory......
- Rootscan.info? More Rogue Security Software on the horizon? To follow up the last post about watching google hot trends.... I noticed an unusual search in the trends for rootscan.info. It currently seems to redirect to a site talking about rogue antivirus removal so it might not be anything, but the related searches for virus doctor, virus doctor removal,......
- Stricker and Kelly win Shark Shootout The 2009 Shark Shootout, held at the Tiburón Golf Club at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples, Florida, ended on Sunday, won by the team of Jerry Kelly and Steve Stricker. The team went into the lead on Friday's first round, tying with the team of Justin Leonard and Scott......
- 5 Reasons to Throw Away Your 401K I've been doing a lot of thinking about 401K's lately. Almost every financial professional screams from the top of his/her lungs that it's a great deal. If your company offers matching funds it's probably a great idea to take advantage of that. If you are like me and your company......
- Dublin Ranch Golf Course Dublin Ranch Golf Course is located in: Dublin, CA Phone: 925-556-7040 Website: http://www.dublinranchgolf.com/ Course History: This course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr and offers panoramic views of the surrounding breathtaking scenery. You'll be able to spot Mount Diablo and numerous other landmarks as you complete your round. The......
- F-secure list of sober virus urls
- Link to Me
- Another wolf in sheeps clothing to watch for
- The D-Link DWL-800AP+ as a wireless repeater to extend wireless range – Part 4
- Update on Internet Explorer Exploit in the wild