Eco Antivirus 2010 is a slight twist (renaming) of the recent Eco Antivirus rogue that has made the rounds. These rogues pretend to be antivirus, or antispyware software, but in reality are not much more than a scam trying to squeeze money out of unsuspecting computer users. These rogue applications will typically be installed when someone visits a web site that pops up or redirects a user to a page that looks as though it’s an antivirus program doing a scan. Then when the person clicks to remove of fix problems (and sometimes even if they don’t) the software is installed and starts its own task of finding problems to complain about. Sometimes these programs create files to claim have viruses. Almost all of the time the claims are falsified. Read on for how to remove eco Antivirus 2010.
One thing that’s sad about Eco Antivirus is the way it tries to play upon peoples environmental sensibilities claiming to donate to green causes for each registered copy purchased. If the product actually did what it said and was remarkably less aggressive in their promotion this could be a good thing, but this is just another way to try to get people to pay for it, which you shouldn’t do.
First off, you may wish to try removing Eco Antivirus 2010 by going to the control panel and entering into the add/remove programs area and try to uninstall it this way. It may work, or appear to work, but even if it does you should go ahead and work a bit further using a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware as well as a trusted antivirus product such as AVG/avira/Trendmicros online scan, etc.
Among the many errors that eco antivirus 2010 may popup are the following:
Spyware activity alert!
Trojan.IEMonster activity detected. It is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs, including logins and passwords from online banking sessions, eBay, PayPal.
System files modification alert!
Some critical system files of your computer were modified by malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss. Click here to block unathorised modifications by removing threats (Recommended).
Privacy Violation alert!
Eco AntiVirus detected a Privacy Violation. A program is secretly sending your private data to an untrusted internet host. click here to block this activity by removing the threat (Recommended).
Internal conflict alert.
Eco AntiVirus detected internal software conflict. Some application tries to get access to system kernel (such behavior is typical to Spyware/Malware). It may cause crash of your computer.
Eco AntiVirus has automatically analyzed your computer for virus and other malwares.
(I’ve tried to keep the spelling authentic.) This rogue also installs a browser helper object and may hijack web browser traffic.
You can find a link to download malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. While you’re there you may also wish to download process explorer because you may need it a bit further in the manual removal of eco antivirus 2010.
Install and update and run malwarebytes antimalware and you may be able to have an automated removal of eco antivirus 2010. If you are unable to install malwarebytes antimalware you may try the following things. 1) rename the installer from mbam-setup.exe to something like firefox.exe and retry the install, update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode and retry the install, update and scan (you’ll need safe mode with networking to update.) 3) Follow the next step of a manual removal of eco antivirus 2010 which is to kill off the running processes associated with eco antivirus 2010 and then retry the install. (You may need a combination of the above to make things work.)
The following processes are associated with eco antivirus 2010 and should be killed off using the task manager to continue with a manual removal. If you are unable to launch task manager you may try the following things. 1) copy, paste and rename the taskmgr.exe executable file to some other filename on the desktop (iexplore.exe for instance.) (Remember to COPY it and not move it.) 2) Reboot into safe mode and see if the processes are running. 3) Use process explorer to kill off the following programs:
The following dlls should be unregistered and deleted:
The following files and folders should be deleted for a complete removal of eco antivirus 2010:
%docs%All UsersApplication Dataeca
%docs%All UsersApplication DataecaBase.dat
%docs%All UsersApplication Dataecamsdl.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication Dataecamsll.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication Dataecavec.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication DataMicrosoftMachine
%docs%All UsersApplication DataMicrosoftMachineWStech.dll
%docs%All UsersStart MenuPrograms Eco AntiVirus
%docs%All UsersDesktop Eco AntiVirus .lnk
You may have to hunt a bit to find all of them. Even after a clean and thorough manual removal you should go back and install malwarebytes or other malware removal tool. (Superantispyware is another good choice.) (I have been given a free license for their pro version and have started testing their free edition.) Also o ahead with a complete legitimate virus scan (trendmicros online scan for instance or AVG, avira.)
At this point you should have completed your removal of eco antivirus 2010.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Cyber Security | Cyber Security Removal Guide Cyber Security is a rogue antivirus application. It is in the same family as totalsecurity (total security Removal Guide) and SystemSecurity. This software installs through web popups and trojan horse activity makes false claims about your system being compromised by viruses and other security problems, hijacks we browser activity claiming......
- Total Security Antivirus Removal Total Security Antivirus is another rogue security application that poses as legitimate antivirus software to dupe people into installing and then paying for it. It is related to Antivirus 360 and is perhaps the followup software from the same group. This particular pest is possibly installing itself onto systems by......
- How to Remove TheDefend | TheDefend Removal Guide TheDefend is a rogue antivirus program that is one of the latest incarnations of the wini family of rogues. It will introduce itself onto your system through aggressive advertising claiming to be a video codec update or flash player update that may be required to see a highly sought after......
- How to Remove Old Carpeting Whether you are ready to replace an old, stained carpet, or you want to completely redo your flooring, it is vital to make sure that you know how to properly remove carpet. By using the right techniques, you’ll be assured of saving not only time, but your floors will go......
- New Social Security Calculator for Estimating Retirement Benefits The questions and debates about when to start receiving Social Security retirement benefits continue to rage. The news coming from DC about deficit reduction and increasing the debt ceiling has made things worse. While this is going on, new concerns have arisen about changes that may come to the Social......
- You May Also Desire To Ensure The Computer Software Is Simple To Work With And Provides Existing Shopper Support. Almost all currencies has worth comparable to other foreign currencies of the very society. Most of these references are all visible and just about all quick to learn and in addition sound out to you just how overbought the market exchange can be. Learn to make trades on a Paper......
- How to Remove MaCatte Antivirus 2009 | Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide