As I’ve mentioned, there are a few older Mandrake (now Mandriva) systems that I maintain and one of the packages that I’m frequently rebuilding for those systems is clamantivirus. Well, 0.90 came out recently and on an attempted rebuild from the src. rpm that I acquired from ftp.neocat.org, I got this error message libtool: unrecognized option `–tag=CC’ in the rpm –rebuild process. The process bailed out fairly quickly.
According to this Mandriva wiki page, that may indicate a version problem with libtool (here’s the quote…)
unrecognized option –tag=CXX’ Try libtool –help’ for more information
The libtoolize macro is part of the %configure macro (check with rpm –eval %configure ), and because there is a version mismatch, things will break. Mandriva Linux uses libtool-1.4, while KDE uses libtool-1.5 (or 1.4a?). Version 1.4 doesn’t understand –tag=CXX’, so it breaks.
On top of your specfile, you can define this:
%define __libtoolize /bin/true
When you add this define, libtoolize won’t be run, and all should go well.
So, I modified the specfile, did an rpmbuild -bs pathtospecfile.spec and then did an rpm –rebuild from the generated source rpm and all was happy.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon coming The release date for the 7.10 Ubuntu release is coming soon. I've installed a beta into a virtual machine to see what's what and so far haven't had much time to play around. I seem to recall the localization question being new in the installer, but then it's been a......
- The 2nd journey begins… Mandriva 2006 upgrade 2 - Part 6 OK - there may be those that read the last entry and had some obvious "oh, you ought to look in the ***** directory for menu information." On the issue I ran into with missing menu items after the upgrade. (And even after moving my .kde folder to .kdeold and......
- Firefox 22.214.171.124 RPMS for Mandriva 2006 Just an update to let you know I've recompiled the src rpm's from Cooker for Mozilla 126.96.36.199 (For Mandriva 2006) and am uploading them to a subdirectory in http://www.averyjparker.com/wp-content/downloads/firefox/. (Look for the Mozilla-Firefox-188.8.131.52 subdirectory... thought it would be fairly obvious.) Anyway, I've put the src rpm in a subdirectory mysteriously......
- Stocks to Look at for Thursday, September 28 These are some stocks that have been tagged by users over at StockTickr: MDCC: MOLECULAR DEVICES CORPORATION Outlook: Short Industry: Scientific Tech Instrmnts New low on 7.00 times average volume: 1,031,997 vs. 147,460 (tags: short, New Low on Huge Volume) BPA: BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS INC Outlook: Short Industry: Biotechnology New low......
- Frequently Asked Questions about Corporate Blogging If you are completely new to blogging, you may find that you have a lot of questions and at times, it can be hard to find the answers. We’ve compiled the most common issues facing new corporate bloggers and supplied the answers to these problems below. 1. Is this going......
- Do Natural Remedies Work for Injuries? There are a lot of different techniques for handling sports injuries, but many people are now turning back to natural remedies in an attempt to seek relief. If you prefer not to take traditional medicine, there may be some assistance that you can see from these remedies, but it is......
- Building RPM’s – making a build environment
- Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon coming
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 for Mandriva 2006
- Serious PHP flaw
- Building RPM’s – building for several different releases on one machine