As I’ve mentioned, there are a few older Mandrake (now Mandriva) systems that I maintain and one of the packages that I’m frequently rebuilding for those systems is clamantivirus. Well, 0.90 came out recently and on an attempted rebuild from the src. rpm that I acquired from ftp.neocat.org, I got this error message libtool: unrecognized option `–tag=CC’ in the rpm –rebuild process. The process bailed out fairly quickly.
According to this Mandriva wiki page, that may indicate a version problem with libtool (here’s the quote…)
unrecognized option –tag=CXX’ Try libtool –help’ for more information
The libtoolize macro is part of the %configure macro (check with rpm –eval %configure ), and because there is a version mismatch, things will break. Mandriva Linux uses libtool-1.4, while KDE uses libtool-1.5 (or 1.4a?). Version 1.4 doesn’t understand –tag=CXX’, so it breaks.
On top of your specfile, you can define this:
%define __libtoolize /bin/true
When you add this define, libtoolize won’t be run, and all should go well.
So, I modified the specfile, did an rpmbuild -bs pathtospecfile.spec and then did an rpm –rebuild from the generated source rpm and all was happy.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Clamav 0.88 for Mandrake 10.0 I've got a couple of older Mandrake 10.0 servers that I'm still maintaining. They're systems that it hasn't been practical (yet) to do an upgrade to a more recent release of the base operating system. Two of those are currenlty using Clamantivirus for their mailscanning. So, with the recent security......
- Firefox 22.214.171.124 RPMS for Mandriva 2006 Just an update to let you know I've recompiled the src rpm's from Cooker for Mozilla 126.96.36.199 (For Mandriva 2006) and am uploading them to a subdirectory in http://www.averyjparker.com/wp-content/downloads/firefox/. (Look for the Mozilla-Firefox-188.8.131.52 subdirectory... thought it would be fairly obvious.) Anyway, I've put the src rpm in a subdirectory mysteriously......
- Clamav 0.88.2 for Mandrake 10.0 rpms Since I have a few old Mandrake 10.0 servers out there churning along, I've rebuilt the Clamav package to reflect the recent security fix version 0.88.2 is up on the site at http://www.averyjparker.com/wp-content/downloads/clamav882/ As always, the rpms are here more for my convenience than anything else, rebuilt straight from the......
- Do Natural Remedies Work for Injuries? There are a lot of different techniques for handling sports injuries, but many people are now turning back to natural remedies in an attempt to seek relief. If you prefer not to take traditional medicine, there may be some assistance that you can see from these remedies, but it is......
- Stocks to Look at for Thursday, September 28 These are some stocks that have been tagged by users over at StockTickr: MDCC: MOLECULAR DEVICES CORPORATION Outlook: Short Industry: Scientific Tech Instrmnts New low on 7.00 times average volume: 1,031,997 vs. 147,460 (tags: short, New Low on Huge Volume) BPA: BIOSANTE PHARMACEUTICALS INC Outlook: Short Industry: Biotechnology New low......
- Frequently Asked Questions about Corporate Blogging If you are completely new to blogging, you may find that you have a lot of questions and at times, it can be hard to find the answers. We’ve compiled the most common issues facing new corporate bloggers and supplied the answers to these problems below. 1. Is this going......
- Building RPM’s – making a build environment
- Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon coming
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 for Mandriva 2006
- Serious PHP flaw
- Building RPM’s – building for several different releases on one machine