from the command line in linux… or generating them from Wavs…. So, I’ve got this CD that I’ve made and is up for sale at lulu.com traditional hymns done as “chimes”. I’ve spent quite a bit of time recording to hard drive, editing and getting the wav files as good as possible and I’ve uploaded them, but I also want to make the individual songs available as mp3 downloads too. AND I want to give a preview, either a low quality mp3 of the whole, or a high quality 30 second clip…. Hmmm… how to do it.
First of lame is the tool for the wav -> mp3 conversion…. My “scripts” look like this….
lame $1.wav $1_256.mp3 -b 256 -h
lame $1.wav $1_32.mp3 -b 32
Ok…. but cutting them short, needs another tool mp3splt (no I didn’t mis-spell that…) a simple urpmi mp3splt solves the install….
Now, my next script looks like this….
mp3splt $1 0.00 0.30
That essentially will make an mp3 using the first 30 seconds of the filename passed to it. But… I wanted something to glue them all together….
OK…. but now, I’ve got a whole directory of wav files…. hmmm
ls *wav gives the full filename, I’ll have to get rid of the wav, or my mp3′s will be named something.wav.mp3..
for i in `ls *wav | sed ‘s/.wav//’`
and just call it from the directory that you have your wav files in.
Now, I know, I could probably spend the next three days looking for a GUI based program that can do batch operations, the gui for mp3splt might, but…. now I don’t have to look. That’s been the easiest part of the whole process.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Crossroads At this point, I doubt anyone is seeing this as the wordpress test install is not live to the public yet, but... I'm opening this one up for comments. On the old site, I had accumulated a bit of content along the lines of windows/linux tips, software recommendations and tech......
- Linux Permissions Headache Yikes, what an evening..... it started innocently enough in the afternoon. I have an old Mandrake 10.0 server that I was upgrading clamav on (recent security update). While I was at it, I was reviewing the anti-spam setup to see if I could get any better success with filtering junk......
- The security of remote tech support (ultravnc sc or x11vnc with wrapper script) Well, I've got a nice way of doing "easy" one click (or one cut and paste) light desktop support for windows or linux, one uses ultravnc sc, the other uses x11vnc with a special wrapper script. So, what security flaws are there in this process? Well, for starters, I see......
- Creating a Recycling Bin Center at Home We all know that recycling is important. And over 80% of Americans have curbside recycling pickup (at least for paper products, if not for all recyclable materials). But it remains a fact that many people simply toss all of their trash into the same trash can, sending it all to......
- Buy Digital Photo Frame Online [/caption] Digital Photo Frames are almost a necessary gadget for your home. It makes your home a sweet home, by presenting cute photos of your own choices. Those olden days of fixing hard photo frames are all ruled out. Even in my home, i have 2 photo frames plugged on......
- 4 Tips to Prevent Ankle Injuries During Exercise Our ankles are actually pretty fragile little joints and you may not realize just how fragile until you sprain one. Nobody likes walking around on crutches, but there are a few ways that you can make sure that your ankles stay strong and that you avoid this common injury. Let's......
- Simple Backup
- Converting spaces in filenames to underscores
- Recording online streams (real / wma) to mp3 format (or ogg) with mplayer
- Backing up and restoring MySQL databases
- Automatically downloading a file mp3 with a bash script