from the command line in linux… or generating them from Wavs…. So, I’ve got this CD that I’ve made and is up for sale at lulu.com traditional hymns done as “chimes”. I’ve spent quite a bit of time recording to hard drive, editing and getting the wav files as good as possible and I’ve uploaded them, but I also want to make the individual songs available as mp3 downloads too. AND I want to give a preview, either a low quality mp3 of the whole, or a high quality 30 second clip…. Hmmm… how to do it.
First of lame is the tool for the wav -> mp3 conversion…. My “scripts” look like this….
lame $1.wav $1_256.mp3 -b 256 -h
lame $1.wav $1_32.mp3 -b 32
Ok…. but cutting them short, needs another tool mp3splt (no I didn’t mis-spell that…) a simple urpmi mp3splt solves the install….
Now, my next script looks like this….
mp3splt $1 0.00 0.30
That essentially will make an mp3 using the first 30 seconds of the filename passed to it. But… I wanted something to glue them all together….
OK…. but now, I’ve got a whole directory of wav files…. hmmm
ls *wav gives the full filename, I’ll have to get rid of the wav, or my mp3′s will be named something.wav.mp3..
for i in `ls *wav | sed ‘s/.wav//’`
and just call it from the directory that you have your wav files in.
Now, I know, I could probably spend the next three days looking for a GUI based program that can do batch operations, the gui for mp3splt might, but…. now I don’t have to look. That’s been the easiest part of the whole process.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Tech support tutorials made easy on linux.... One of the real frustrations with phone tech support is translating step by step what is needed to the person on the other end. I know it sounds easy, but in reality - what if they've got xyz theme for their menuing and it's not there, what if... oh you......
- Exporting an active linux desktop with vnc, or vnc remote desktop under linux There are lots of ways to get a remote desktop under linux, remote X, nxserver, vnc. One of the problems though is the most common configuration doesn't let you connect to a running desktop session. There is a vnc component that let's you do this and I'm using it right......
- The security of remote tech support (ultravnc sc or x11vnc with wrapper script) Well, I've got a nice way of doing "easy" one click (or one cut and paste) light desktop support for windows or linux, one uses ultravnc sc, the other uses x11vnc with a special wrapper script. So, what security flaws are there in this process? Well, for starters, I see......
- Tech Support - Funny Video Series While surfing through Youtube, I stumbled across this fun-filled tech support video series. All of the videos are sure to give you good amount of chuckle. I liked all of them, but first one is my favorite. Surely a stress buster after a bad day in office :) Enjoy! Tech......
- Buy Digital Photo Frame Online [/caption] Digital Photo Frames are almost a necessary gadget for your home. It makes your home a sweet home, by presenting cute photos of your own choices. Those olden days of fixing hard photo frames are all ruled out. Even in my home, i have 2 photo frames plugged on......
- Creating a Recycling Bin Center at Home We all know that recycling is important. And over 80% of Americans have curbside recycling pickup (at least for paper products, if not for all recyclable materials). But it remains a fact that many people simply toss all of their trash into the same trash can, sending it all to......
- Simple Backup
- Converting spaces in filenames to underscores
- Recording online streams (real / wma) to mp3 format (or ogg) with mplayer
- Backing up and restoring MySQL databases
- Automatically downloading a file mp3 with a bash script