Sometimes you just want to cry… I found this email exchange via sunbeltblog…. Essentially, the product manager and marketing director at some unknown company have just become aware that the “About” box in their program ACTUALLY SHOWS the product version and BUILD number. They think that’s just too much information to give to the customer and may give the wrong impression (that they didn’t get it right the first time.) Of course, the developer thinks it’s slightly important to have the version and build number there. (How else could you support unless you have a tracking number?)
Probably the saddest quote of all is this….
“We can’t be at all accessible to the client, we’ll just have to find another way.
The reason is simple: when they see “Version 2.8 (build 448),” they
will think that it took us 28 releases and over *four hundred* builds
to get right.”
(sigh….) Pay not attention to the magic man behind the curtain. Our super-coder one night had a vision of how to create this software and it became perfect in one try. Now that perfection in software has been realized there will be no future releases.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Google Zeitgeist 2005 Google has released their Zeitgeist 2005. Zeitgeist is German and would translate roughly as "spirit of the times". The idea is to give a snapshot of what people are thinking about and searching for over the course of the last year. They've done some interesting graphs as well of search......
- Yahoo moves to offer RSS reading Yahoo is offering RSS reading through email folders, in part countering moves by Google with their Reader web-based RSS aggregator. Apparently, posts show up looking like mail messages and can be forwarded or read in a way similar to the way mail is dealt with. They've also launched a beta......
- Google not talking to cnet? According to the tail end of this article, Google has decided they are not talking to CNET new reporters until July 2006. Yet another good example of why it's a good thing to have competition in the online search market. It seems they were upset about privacy concerns regarding this......
- Web Hosting Businesses And How To Drum Up Some Publicity For Them If you are serious about making a living from your web hosting business then you are going to need to attract plenty of customers. You are going to have to do as much promotion as you possibly can in order to get more customers. You can't just do this the......
- Effective Forum Marketing Tips That Work Forum marketing isn't anything new and it is one of the only internet marketing techniques that every single IMer has used at one point or another. Obviously, though, it is more than just posting in a forum or two, especially if you really want to make money. This article will......
- Automatic Vs. Manual Link Building - The Real Thing Automatic link building method is one of the most down played traffic formulas on the net today. Automatic link building takes away all the obstacles and time-intensive issues of link-building with relative guaranteed results in the long run. Manual link-building is a long procedure that cannot be perfected overnight......
- Slight outage
- Easy linux firewall
- RSS feed to spread the word of software updates
- Kstars – great personal astronomy software under linux
- Try another web browser – Mozilla Firefox