Sometimes you just want to cry… I found this email exchange via sunbeltblog…. Essentially, the product manager and marketing director at some unknown company have just become aware that the “About” box in their program ACTUALLY SHOWS the product version and BUILD number. They think that’s just too much information to give to the customer and may give the wrong impression (that they didn’t get it right the first time.) Of course, the developer thinks it’s slightly important to have the version and build number there. (How else could you support unless you have a tracking number?)
Probably the saddest quote of all is this….
“We can’t be at all accessible to the client, we’ll just have to find another way.
The reason is simple: when they see “Version 2.8 (build 448),” they
will think that it took us 28 releases and over *four hundred* builds
to get right.”
(sigh….) Pay not attention to the magic man behind the curtain. Our super-coder one night had a vision of how to create this software and it became perfect in one try. Now that perfection in software has been realized there will be no future releases.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Yahoo moves to offer RSS reading Yahoo is offering RSS reading through email folders, in part countering moves by Google with their Reader web-based RSS aggregator. Apparently, posts show up looking like mail messages and can be forwarded or read in a way similar to the way mail is dealt with. They've also launched a beta......
- Community site to help users understand EULA's better This is a great lead from Spyware Confidential. There is a relatively new site out and about called eulascan.com. They allow user submitted comments on EULA's (End User License Agreements). Of course, EULA's are the terms and conditions that pop up on installing software and (these days) appear on the......
- Google Zeitgeist 2005 Google has released their Zeitgeist 2005. Zeitgeist is German and would translate roughly as "spirit of the times". The idea is to give a snapshot of what people are thinking about and searching for over the course of the last year. They've done some interesting graphs as well of search......
- How To Run A Web Marketing Campaign When You Have Bupkis For A Budget There's a right means and a fallacious option to run a Web marketing marketing campaign, and sadly, the "proper way" can value a LOT of money. For some entrepreneurs, cash isn't only a consider deciding what to do with their Web marketing. It's THE issue, and the "right manner" just......
- Use a Corporate Blog to Build Customer Loyalty and Product Awareness One of the biggest problems of any company is managing relationships with its customers. It may sound cliché, but it's true that customers are the "life blood" of any company. You want to keep your customers happy, but you also want them to be thinking about you. Excite your customer......
- Why A Great SEO Company Is A Good Help For Beginning Marketers Getting an link building company for the ally is an excellent thing to carry out. This is categorically applicable for those who are starting a profitable business, need to advertise well to see reasonably priced campaigns. Having the basics right, start ups need a web presence. His or her business......
- Slight outage
- Easy linux firewall
- RSS feed to spread the word of software updates
- Kstars – great personal astronomy software under linux
- Try another web browser – Mozilla Firefox