Sometimes you just want to cry… I found this email exchange via sunbeltblog…. Essentially, the product manager and marketing director at some unknown company have just become aware that the “About” box in their program ACTUALLY SHOWS the product version and BUILD number. They think that’s just too much information to give to the customer and may give the wrong impression (that they didn’t get it right the first time.) Of course, the developer thinks it’s slightly important to have the version and build number there. (How else could you support unless you have a tracking number?)
Probably the saddest quote of all is this….
“We can’t be at all accessible to the client, we’ll just have to find another way.
The reason is simple: when they see “Version 2.8 (build 448),” they
will think that it took us 28 releases and over *four hundred* builds
to get right.”
(sigh….) Pay not attention to the magic man behind the curtain. Our super-coder one night had a vision of how to create this software and it became perfect in one try. Now that perfection in software has been realized there will be no future releases.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Microsoft Outlook - duplicate email messages Part II This is part II, click here for part one of the saga... Okay, so I revisit to install Microsoft Office 2003 SP2 and hope that solves it. Somewhere along this time, I had also found a suggestion of removing the entire mail PROFILE and creating a new one. *(The theory......
- Australian Linux consultancy lodges complaint against Microsoft Windows A Melbourne based open source firm has lodged a complaint with that country's Competition and Consumer Commision against Microsoft. According to The Computer Business Review online, they claim that Microsoft's monopoly is harming consumers. They are calling for 1) the availability of computers without a preinstalled operating system and 2)......
- Google news rss feeds update I was just at google news and noticed that they've apparently fixed the headers of their pages so that the "Add live feed" button automatically displays at the bottom of the firefox browser window when you browse their page. (I'm currently browsing it for a search.) Nice work Google.... I......
- Use a Corporate Blog to Build Customer Loyalty and Product Awareness One of the biggest problems of any company is managing relationships with its customers. It may sound cliché, but it's true that customers are the "life blood" of any company. You want to keep your customers happy, but you also want them to be thinking about you. Excite your customer......
- The 3 Biggest Marketing Secrets in the World Like it or not… agree or disagree… marketing is vital part of every business. It is the part which happens between deciding what it is that you have to sell, and finding someone who wants to buy it. Simply put, marketing is telling people about what you have to......
- Why A Great SEO Company Is A Good Help For Beginning Marketers Getting an link building company for the ally is an excellent thing to carry out. This is categorically applicable for those who are starting a profitable business, need to advertise well to see reasonably priced campaigns. Having the basics right, start ups need a web presence. His or her business......
- Slight outage
- Easy linux firewall
- RSS feed to spread the word of software updates
- Kstars – great personal astronomy software under linux
- Try another web browser – Mozilla Firefox