Sometimes you just want to cry… I found this email exchange via sunbeltblog…. Essentially, the product manager and marketing director at some unknown company have just become aware that the “About” box in their program ACTUALLY SHOWS the product version and BUILD number. They think that’s just too much information to give to the customer and may give the wrong impression (that they didn’t get it right the first time.) Of course, the developer thinks it’s slightly important to have the version and build number there. (How else could you support unless you have a tracking number?)
Probably the saddest quote of all is this….
“We can’t be at all accessible to the client, we’ll just have to find another way.
The reason is simple: when they see “Version 2.8 (build 448),” they
will think that it took us 28 releases and over *four hundred* builds
to get right.”
(sigh….) Pay not attention to the magic man behind the curtain. Our super-coder one night had a vision of how to create this software and it became perfect in one try. Now that perfection in software has been realized there will be no future releases.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Microsoft Outlook - duplicate email messages Part II This is part II, click here for part one of the saga... Okay, so I revisit to install Microsoft Office 2003 SP2 and hope that solves it. Somewhere along this time, I had also found a suggestion of removing the entire mail PROFILE and creating a new one. *(The theory......
- Building RPM’s - building for several different releases on one machine I support a few linux systems outside my own group. Those systems are not as quick to get upgraded to the latest and greatest version of Mandrake - now Mandriva as my home systems. But, I occasionally need to build rpms for them. I don't want to have a build......
- Google not talking to cnet? According to the tail end of this article, Google has decided they are not talking to CNET new reporters until July 2006. Yet another good example of why it's a good thing to have competition in the online search market. It seems they were upset about privacy concerns regarding this......
- Have You Noticed How You Would Like An Website Positioning Firm Should you have something or service to sell, it is important for you to sell effectively. When the product is marketed correctly, it should sell itself. In case you are not in a position to possess a team of marketing experts on staff full-time you then have to aquire the......
- How to Use Freebies to Boost Your Business Success If you have a business either online or off you should be trying everything you can to drive every last [/caption] sale that you can get – from email marketing to SEO. But have you considered the power of free stuff yet? No? Well here’s how to use freebies to......
- Effective Forum Marketing Tips That Work Forum marketing isn't anything new and it is one of the only internet marketing techniques that every single IMer has used at one point or another. Obviously, though, it is more than just posting in a forum or two, especially if you really want to make money. This article will......
- Slight outage
- Easy linux firewall
- RSS feed to spread the word of software updates
- Kstars – great personal astronomy software under linux
- Try another web browser – Mozilla Firefox