New category for Google Adsense – I talk about it enough here…. anyway. I’ve noticed today that they’ve expanded the referrals program. When it started, the deal was $1 for Mozilla Firefox (with Google toolbar) referrals and then the Google Adsense referral for which you earned $100 (If I recall correctly), when the signup earned their first $100. Then they rolled out AdWORDS referrals which was $20 when the referral spends their first $100….. Well, now they’ve gone and added a few more options….
There are now Google Pack *($2 per referral) and Picasa referrals ($1) per referral available….
(Referrals are new Windows users for the software (that have not previously downloaded Picasa or Google Pack).
The links range from a simple text link like this
Up to banner size links and the small rectangular graphics like this
It looks like there have been quite a few variations on the referral link designs for ALL the referral links, so you’ve got some variety to pick and choose to fit in to your site (or to contrast…)
Text links are currently for US users only.
It’s interesting to see that the page in adsense where you can choose referrals says….
Google AdSense program policies allow you to place one referral per product, for a total of up to four referrals, on any page.
However – there are five items that can be referred (firefox, adsense, adwords, google pack and picasa)… The terms that are linked only specify one referral link per product, so I think they may have a typo, it will be interesting to see if they limit the referral links per page….
Here’s the relevant segment of the policies text that was linked to from the above quote….
A single referral button per product may be placed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above. Referral buttons are considered to be ‘Google ads’ for purposes of these program policies.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Link Dump on the Way Scanners, Virtual Machines, more bash scripting, malware and openvpn are just a few of the things I've been hip deep in over the last few weeks. Things have been (and continue) fairly busy..... but I'm hoping to get a few things organized and posted here in the next few days......
- Web Site Promotion Through Directories When I first started building web sites I seemed to have very good "google luck". I designed pages, published and then submitted to 4-5 search engines and a couple directories and the traffic started coming in. The search engines were altavista, google, hotbot and a couple others and the directories......
- Increasing Your Page Rank Through Link Building Along with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to increase your website’s page ranking, link building is another way to raise the position of your site in the eyes of prospects and search engine results. Link Building is most effective as one part of a fully developed SEO strategy for your......
- How Use A Press Release To Get A Flood Of High Quality, One-Way Links To Your Website In this article I want to give you a white-hat (read ethical good guys) search engine optimization technique to dramatically increase one-way links into your site. You most probably know that in order to rank well you need lots of in-bound links, and not just any kind of link. They......
- The Best Way To Carry Out Online Marketing When you have any battling web business, you may be dealing with the actual trial of how to attract website visitors to your website at a cost you can pay for. Certainly, Internet Marketing is a obstacle, also it takes many years of perseverance. There are numerous cost-effective techniques......
- Adsense Firefox referrals available for those outside the US
- Google Adsense changes
- Adwords Referrals from Google
- A couple interesting online Advertising notes
- Google Adwords traffic estimator