New category for Google Adsense – I talk about it enough here…. anyway. I’ve noticed today that they’ve expanded the referrals program. When it started, the deal was $1 for Mozilla Firefox (with Google toolbar) referrals and then the Google Adsense referral for which you earned $100 (If I recall correctly), when the signup earned their first $100. Then they rolled out AdWORDS referrals which was $20 when the referral spends their first $100….. Well, now they’ve gone and added a few more options….
There are now Google Pack *($2 per referral) and Picasa referrals ($1) per referral available….
(Referrals are new Windows users for the software (that have not previously downloaded Picasa or Google Pack).
The links range from a simple text link like this
Up to banner size links and the small rectangular graphics like this
It looks like there have been quite a few variations on the referral link designs for ALL the referral links, so you’ve got some variety to pick and choose to fit in to your site (or to contrast…)
Text links are currently for US users only.
It’s interesting to see that the page in adsense where you can choose referrals says….
Google AdSense program policies allow you to place one referral per product, for a total of up to four referrals, on any page.
However – there are five items that can be referred (firefox, adsense, adwords, google pack and picasa)… The terms that are linked only specify one referral link per product, so I think they may have a typo, it will be interesting to see if they limit the referral links per page….
Here’s the relevant segment of the policies text that was linked to from the above quote….
A single referral button per product may be placed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above. Referral buttons are considered to be ‘Google ads’ for purposes of these program policies.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Link Dump on the Way Scanners, Virtual Machines, more bash scripting, malware and openvpn are just a few of the things I've been hip deep in over the last few weeks. Things have been (and continue) fairly busy..... but I'm hoping to get a few things organized and posted here in the next few days......
- Daylight Savings Changes on linux systems Might should have typed this up sooner, but... a while back I did an article on the daylight savings changes with regards to Windows 98 and how timezone editor tzedit could be used to make sure these OS's kept the correct time. Well, on the linux side of things there's......
- Paltalk Paltalk is the leader in video chat! Users can see, hear, and talk to one another instantly - anywhere in the world. Millions of people are chatting online. Thousands of Video Chat Rooms More than 20 categories 4 Million friendly members Create your OWN chat room SuperIM: Video conferencing......
- Top Five Tips For Successful Link Building Good search engine optimizers (SEO´s) understand the importance of building a network of incoming links to their page in order to improve ranking results in the major search engines, but in their scuffle to push their web pages to the top, some of them are forgetting the old adage “work......
- How You Can Structure Internal Links To Increase Page Rank Should you've spent anytime in any respect researching or learning about seo, you'll know all about Page Rank. Google Page Rank is a technique the search results giant uses to work out the recognition of pages on websites with other pages in identical niche. The algorithm for Google Page Rank......
- Adsense Firefox referrals available for those outside the US
- Google Adsense changes
- Adwords Referrals from Google
- A couple interesting online Advertising notes
- Google Adwords traffic estimator