New category for Google Adsense – I talk about it enough here…. anyway. I’ve noticed today that they’ve expanded the referrals program. When it started, the deal was $1 for Mozilla Firefox (with Google toolbar) referrals and then the Google Adsense referral for which you earned $100 (If I recall correctly), when the signup earned their first $100. Then they rolled out AdWORDS referrals which was $20 when the referral spends their first $100….. Well, now they’ve gone and added a few more options….
There are now Google Pack *($2 per referral) and Picasa referrals ($1) per referral available….
(Referrals are new Windows users for the software (that have not previously downloaded Picasa or Google Pack).
The links range from a simple text link like this
Up to banner size links and the small rectangular graphics like this
It looks like there have been quite a few variations on the referral link designs for ALL the referral links, so you’ve got some variety to pick and choose to fit in to your site (or to contrast…)
Text links are currently for US users only.
It’s interesting to see that the page in adsense where you can choose referrals says….
Google AdSense program policies allow you to place one referral per product, for a total of up to four referrals, on any page.
However – there are five items that can be referred (firefox, adsense, adwords, google pack and picasa)… The terms that are linked only specify one referral link per product, so I think they may have a typo, it will be interesting to see if they limit the referral links per page….
Here’s the relevant segment of the policies text that was linked to from the above quote….
A single referral button per product may be placed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above. Referral buttons are considered to be ‘Google ads’ for purposes of these program policies.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- The Google Problem Part 2 If you know me.... you know I have a HARD time putting down a problem that's unsolved. Even if it's a problem that really doesn't have a solution (in my control at least)... I have a tendency to look and analyze, turn it over and try and find out as......
- Google Adsense changes As I'm sure you've noticed, I use Google adsense on these pages. Now obviously I can't give statistics on how it does, but frankly what I've seen in the short time I've used it beats any other affiliate-type program I've used before. Yes, I've received checks from Amazon's associates program......
- Go Go Google Gadgets If you use Blogger in order to manage your blog then you have available to you hundreds of gadgets that Google has released; all of which can add features to your blog. A gadget is a widget that adds small programs to a blog, adding features that show off lists......
- Rateladder Referral Listing: deck and bills pay down deck and bills pay down This is an example of what not to do if you are an E.Â First of all, an E credit borrower does not have good credit and so you are already swimming upstream so to speak. The borrower is a homeowner and a 21% DTI......
- Increasing Your Page Rank Through Link Building Along with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to increase your website’s page ranking, link building is another way to raise the position of your site in the eyes of prospects and search engine results. Link Building is most effective as one part of a fully developed SEO strategy for your......
- Adsense Firefox referrals available for those outside the US
- Google Adsense changes
- Adwords Referrals from Google
- A couple interesting online Advertising notes
- Google Adwords traffic estimator