F-secure has some details on a dangerous payload for the Nyxem.E virus. (The Nyxem.E virus is very similar to the Email-Worm.Win32.VB.bi that was talked about earlier in the week.) In fact, this virus seems to be spreading fairly well (not the blockbuster spread of older email viruses, but it is spreading.) Anyway, according to f-secure it will on the 3rd of the month, delete all files matching the following patterns. *.doc *.xls *.mdb *.mde *.ppt *.pps *.zip *.rar *.pdf *.psd *.dmp *(on all accessible drives.)
What this means is that IF you have this virus and it’s the third of the month it will delete most all Microsoft Office formatted documents + rar’s, zips, pdf and a few other file formats. Nasty. Technically it doesn’t delete them, but overwrite their data with… “The files’ contens get replaced with a text string “DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]“.”
Through the process of infection it also deletes the following files…..
SymantecCommon FilesSymantec Shared*.*
Trend MicroPC-cillin 2002*.exe
Trend MicroPC-cillin 2003*.exe
Trend MicroInternet Security*.exe
Kaspersky LabKaspersky Anti-Virus Personal*.ppl
Kaspersky LabKaspersky Anti-Virus Personal*.exe
Trend MicroOfficeScan Client*.exe
( The * matches anything for those that don’t know…., so deleting *.dll in a folder deletes this.dll that.dll and the other.dll, without having to explicitly give a delete command for each. Think of it as “delete everything that ends with .dll” to delete *.dll)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Antivir | Antivir Removal Guide Antivir is a rogue antivirus application that is pushed through web site popup ads on unsuspecting users. Basically in web browsing you may see a popup claiming that your computer is infected and you should run a malware scan. Clicking to proceed will probably show an animation of a scan......
- How to Remove Personal Security | Personal Security Removal Guide Personal Security is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same (dreaded) family as the Cyber Security rogue. It usually installs on the users computer without the permission of the computer user. Once installed on the system it will then perform supposed scans finding lots of virus infected files......
- How to Remove PC Live Guard | PC Live Guard Removal Guide PC Live Guard is a Rogue antivirus application that typically installs on a system through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. You will see things that pop up appearing to be a scan of your computer, but it's really just an ad pushing this product. Once the software is on......
- Download any .dll file that is Missing in Your Computer Well Folks, some of you might be facing problems related to .dll files. You can download missing .dll files from sites given below: DLL-files.com - Download all your missing dll-files. DllDump - free dll files. download dll files you need immediately! InfDump.com - download inf files you need immediately! OcxDump.com......
- Threat Outbreak Alert: Fake Bin Laden Pictures E-mail Messages on May 13, 2011 Source: Security Intelligence Operations Cisco Security Intelligence Operations has detected significant activity related to Portuguese-language spam e-mail messages that claim to contain pictures of Osama Bin Laden The text in the e-mail message instructs the recipient to open a .zip attachment to view the pictures. However, the .zip attachment contains a......
- Micro-Trend Trading for Daily Income: Using Intra-Day Trading Tactics to Harness the Power of Today's Volatile Markets Reviews Micro-Trend Trading for Daily Income: Using Intra-Day Trading Tactics to Harness the Power of Today's Volatile Markets ISBN13: 9780071752879Condition: NewNotes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed Profit every day......
- The Blackworm, Nyxem, KamaSutra Worm…
- Zotob details
- Another Massive ID theft ring
- New IM worm using WMF vulnerability
- Virus, Spyware and Malware Removal Toolkit