OK – copying of the most crucial files are done. It’s time to start the process. First I’ve gathered a list of URPMI sources that I can use from online. No local mirror this time, so it may take a while to pull all the files I need. Second, it’s time to say #urpmi.removemedia -a to clean out our list of software install sources.
I’ve still got web browser/etc. up and running which may cause things to be interesting later along the upgrade process, but it’s time to add in the new sources. I’ve used the mirror finder at the Mandriva club for this, but if you’re not a club member you could use http://easyurpmi.zarb.org to find mirrors.
Somewhere along the line I saw someone suggest that updates are for paying customers only which is not true. The easy tray application update service is, but updates for Mandriva ARE and as far as I know always will be freely available. Here’s my mirror list (don’t hammer these guys, find mirrors either close to you or easily available.)
urpmi.addmedia “2006_distrib” ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/main/ with ./media_info/hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia “club.commercial_x86-32_2006″ https://mylogin:firstname.lastname@example.org/rpm/comm/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia –update “2006_updates” ftp://sluglug.ucsc.edu/pub/Mandrakelinux/official/updates/2006.0/main_updates/ with ./media_info/hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia “2006_plf-free” ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia “2006_plf-nonfree” ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/non-free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia “club.club_x86-32_2006″ https://mylogin:email@example.com/rpm/club/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz
Once all of the media are installed things get interesting….
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon coming The release date for the 7.10 Ubuntu release is coming soon. I've installed a beta into a virtual machine to see what's what and so far haven't had much time to play around. I seem to recall the localization question being new in the installer, but then it's been a......
- Virus Warning - Email Subjects - IRS Notice - Important Information from the IRS I've seen a couple of these emails today and wanted to give a post just to warn people that these are bogus and you should NOT follow the link suggested in the email. I HOPE no one reading this falls for it, but the "tax software update" that they are......
- Clamav 0.88.4 and prior DoS According to incidents.org a denial of service vulnerability has been noted in all versions of clamav prior to 0.88.4 (inclusive). At incidents last report the download for 0.88.4 was back after disappearing for a while which seemed to indicate a fix, however. I wasn't aware 0.88.4 had been released before......
- Lending Club Update I am continuing to struggle with the time and effortÂ it takes to invest in Lending Club loans.Â (I do not like manual bidding in the first place and you have to search the extended credit by hand.)Â I have been assured that my concerns have been noted and that they......
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 - Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 - Critical Vulnerability in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2286198) Published: August 02, 2010 | Updated: August 03, 2010 Version: 1.1 General Information Executive Summary This security update resolves a publicly disclosed vulnerability in Windows Shell. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if the icon......
- The Olympic Club Course Changes Monday morning at the Olympic club found a fog delay that pushed the start of play back from 7am all the way until 11am. A good friend of mine is a life long Olympian and was in charge of the marshals for the Amateur. During the wait he gave me......
- Mandriva club members have new download finder
- Frustrated with Mandriva Club mirror finder
- Mandriva One 2006
- Building RPM’s – building for several different releases on one machine
- The 2nd journey begins… Mandriva 2006 upgrade 2 – Part 3