I know, you’ve seen the ads – make $6000 a week in your spare time!! Make money doing the things you do ANYWAY, like reading email, browsing the web. The last week or so as things have been slow (and technically I was still “on vacation” until the 3rd of January). I had plenty of time to test out a few of these ideas. It seems that entrepreneurial-ism is a progressive disease – you find yourself many times thinking, hmmmm…. it seems like there should be a way to make a small profit by….. Anyway, many of these ideas are MORE trouble than they’re worth. REALLY. But one, that I signed up for just last night is actually looking very promising…. bux.to….
In a way, this reminds me of the old math yarn of the clever prospective employee that asked to be hired on the condition that he work for a penny for the first day and each day there after his wage would double. The employer, thinking this was a great opportunity at cheap labor thought this should be a good deal, unfortunately the laws of mathematical progression catch up to the employer and 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,1.28,2.56, etc…. happens – well before long the young employee has a great wage per day.
Anyway…. what’s the idea with bux.to? You get a free signup to look at ads for 30 seconds each. In exchange your account is credited a penny…. woohoo 1 cent… for 30 seconds of browser open looking at an ad. Well, if that was all there was to it, this would not generate much income at all, as the day I signed up there were 17 ads available for me (premium $59/year members get a minimum of 20 ads at 1.25 cents each.) So…. if you do the math at premium you would make around 7.5 dollars a month or a quarter a day…. again woohoo …. but here’s where things get interesting.
You get 1 cent (1.25 cents if you buy the premium membership) per each of your referrals as well. So, if you refer 20 people and THEY each click 20 ads a day at 1.25 cents a click you’ll see (in addition to your own 20 clicks…) $5.25 each day…. hmmm this is getting more interesting – that’s $157.50 per month.
Now, to be honest your referrals won’t click 20 ads a day – I used 5 as an average to do my estimates and judging from some of the success stories in their forum, that’s not FAR from the experience seen there, some higher and some lower of course, your mileage may vary.
What is REALLY interesting is that for about $1 per referral you can BUY referrals to add to your revenue stream. So… for $35 you can have 35 referrals clicking ads for you. They may be active or not (if you pony up for a 500 referral package they say they guarantee that you’ll get “active” referrals.)
Now… to be clear, you only get direct referrals… for instance, I signed up as a a referral of Chris Pirillo of Lockergnome, he doesn’t collect revenue from MY referrals, just from MY clicks. It seems that they’ve come up with quite an interesting paid advertising structure. They charge $19.10 for 1000 ad views (which means if ALL the viewers are referrals of someone they’ve lost 90 cents net, but if NONE of the ad viewers are referrals they’ve made $9.10 on the transaction.) Of course, they’re OTHER revenue streams are the premium memberships, the paid referrals, and, I’m sure, a certain amount of interest on the the money they’re holding for payouts. In fact, probably a healthy amount of interest.
Admittedly I’m still running the numbers over in my head, but I figure IF they’ve got “the balancing act” of % of members that have been referred and haven’t been referred, incoming revenue streams from interest/advertising and yearly memberships…. they may have a REALLY good thing going here. I’m still somewhat skeptical, but you might say cautiously optimistic.
Last night after I signed up and read more and more I decided that I was willing to risk a $35 investment for 35 referrals, to my surprise I received an email at noon today notifying me that they were active (the web site advised it would be 2-5 working days.)
Payouts are available currently to paypal accounts, so you’ll need one of those before you sign up. And there’s no reason NOT to use someone elses referral link (like mine… bux.to ) because if you aren’t referred by someone you might well be “sold” as a referral. It won’t take any cut out of your earnings.
It looks as though premium members should expect a 30 day waiting period on payouts and free members 60 day wait for payouts (business days) but I’ve seen reports of shorter payout times (and a few days longer as well, but most of those seem to be older forum posts.) Also, the minimum $$ amount to request a payout is $10.
So, how are the 35 referrals working out…? After 4 hours, my balance is no $3.02 Yes, already a shade over 3 dollars on day one. I expect I will try to buy some more referrals before long as my confidence in them grows.
At one point in time I spent a lot of time working to get traffic for this site for google adsense and was pouring in EVERY spare minute trying to do that and had some good revenue for a few months before the site dropped in the google rankings (not OFF, just lower.) That provides a stream now, but usually less than a dollar a day on average. I’ve been an amazon associate for years and arguably could do more with that, but have never come close to making more than $10 every blue moon (one of the secrets with amazon though is to target BIG ticket items, I’ve usually just promoted books related to genealogy over on the genealogy sites and that doesn’t get you BIG earnings from amazon. Anyway…)
I’ve looked at MANY other “get paid to look at ads” “get paid to fill out survey” sites and bux.to, so far beats EVERYTHING. I’m not getting a surge in junkmail (like SOME sites set you up for.) I don’t have to go and signup for ebay to get $5, or get into trial subscriptions to things that I have to cancel if I don’t like to make a few dollars… it really is the least hassle of ANY of the “opportunities” in this genre. I do wonder how long it will last, will advertisers really continue to pay $19.10 for 1000 views? Will they keep the balancing act correct and be able to keep going? Frankly NOTHING is a sure thing, but this is a promising venture.
Oh, one other note, they’ve announced that in the spring they’ll offer premium members a Visa Electron card as a payment option.
If you haven’t looked as of yet, visit bux.to
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Oracle updates I normally don't follow updates for Oracle, as I don't have an installation running Oracle to support. Right now, I'm quite glad of that... The Security Fix is talking about the 82 patches they released Tuesday in their quarterly patch release. The fact that they released 82 patches is not......
- More Google Referral links New category for Google Adsense - I talk about it enough here.... anyway. I've noticed today that they've expanded the referrals program. When it started, the deal was $1 for Mozilla Firefox (with Google toolbar) referrals and then the Google Adsense referral for which you earned $100 (If I recall......
- Clickbot - new bot tactic... There is a new twist on the bot networks that have been the plague of computing in recent years. This one is called ClickBot. The story is from Incidents.org Many sites, (like this one) use adsense to "monetize their content". The idea is that advertisers bid on "clicks". So, if......
- CVS Shopping From the Week of 8.08.10 Plus - Getting Paid to Shop! This weekend was great as far as grocery shopping is concerned. First, we used a combination of coupons and weekly deals to cut a $170 grocery bill down to $99 at ShopRite - a 42% savings on a purchase that large is great! But, we received even greater savings at......
- Washoe Golf Course, Reno, NV Washoe Golf Course is located in: Reno, NV Phone: 775-828-6640 Website: http://www.washoegolf.org Course History: Washoe Golf Course is a public course that is extremely friendly and fun to play. No matter what your skill level is, you'll feel right at home on this great course. It has much to offer,......
- My Prosper Internal Rate of Return Update (End of Jan 07) — 12.31% It seems that after some thought EnoughWealth and TB and hit upon the thing that wasn't quite right with my XIRR based IRRÂ My Prosper Internal Rate of Return Update (End of Jan 07) â 18.14%.Â It was double counting the interest since it was both being paid at the end......
- More Google Referral links
- Adsense Firefox referrals available for those outside the US
- Google Adsense changes
- Microsoft may pay for search users?
- The Cost of Running a PC 24 Hours a Day