When you are hiring someone for most positions a criminal background check is a high priority. Especially if the person you are hiring will interact with your family or with children. The internet has made criminal background checks commonplace and easy to conduct. There are many services that make this an easy and quick process. One such that I have found is inteligator.
Criminal Background Check Services
Inteligator is a well done, professional service that offers you the ability to do unlimited background checks and criminal record checks for a monthly subscription. If you are in the business of hiring people it would be well worth your time to visit and take a look at their services.
I would even suggest using a service like this if you are going to be hiring tutors or caregivers for your children. So, really whether you are an organization or an individual you can make use of these criminal records search services to keep your family safe.
The small fee for these services can be well worth the sense of security that the results that a criminal background check might provide. I know that one business in particular that I work with routinely screens new contractors that they bring in to search their criminal records and make sure that they are who they say they are. These days you really can’t be too careful.
Criminal Background Checks – Why a Subscription?
If you are an individual that is screening one person you may not need a subscription to a service that allows you to do criminal background checks, however there are some situations that you may need to perform multiple checks over time. Many organizations use criminal background check services multiple times throughout the year as employees come and go. In this case you should check your costs over the last six months and compare those costs to that of a subscription service.
It is surprising how low a volume of background checks you need to be running for it to be worthwhile to consider a subscription service. In some cases as few as 10-12 checks a year and it may be worthwhile to look at one of the popular services such as inteligator. What kinds of organizations may need this? Some Churches and other daycares make use of these services to screen individuals who will be working with the care of children. Many schools now are also adding this to the list of things that must be done before a teacher is hired.
In fact, many places will normally go ahead with a criminal background check of anyone involved with contact with children whether it’s a teaching position or something along the lines of a volunteer position. The requirements vary, but it is becoming more and more common to see any position requiring a background check. It has become an accepted cost of doing business.
Criminal Background Checks – Recommendations
If you are seeking employment and have to go through a background check you should not feel as though you are singled out. This is very common. Certainly if there were anything that you thought might turn up in your history it might be a good idea to be frank with your potential employer and go ahead and tell them what they will likely see in the background check. Depending on the situation then they can make a decision as to whether the information is something that would prevent your employment. Personally I would give someone credit for going ahead and laying all their information on the table from the start as opposed to trying to hide it or hope that something wouldn’t be noticed or found.
For the business or small organization I would highly recommend that you do criminal background checks on new hires especially if you are in a job that involves any kind of interaction with children. Why? Well, the cost of NOT doing the check certainly. This cost is on several levels, the least of which is the legal liability that you could find yourself in by NOT doing everything in your power to make sure you knew that your employees did not have a history that should prevent them from interacting with children.
I highly recommend Inteligator for your background check needs.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- RealVNC 4.1.1 and prior exploits on the loose As reported over the last several days, there is a critical problem with RealVNC 4.1.1, there is NOW an exploit in the wild for RealVNC 4.1.1, that SANS is looking for more information on. There are updates from RealVNC for all affected product lines. Other VNC implementations have not been......
- Ubuntu 6.06 LTS release Probably the biggest news so far today, at least in linux circles is the official release of the Dapper Drake.... Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Long Term Support) (and kubuntu and edubuntu all...). I've been playing with an install based on the Release Candidate (and now upgraded to even include KDE 3.5.3...........
- Network security - how safe is your network? Looking at ARP A while back I did a network security series and one of the points that I mentioned was that it's important to know what is normal for your network. In other words, what machines are NORMALLY connected, what services are normally running, etc. Well, I'm about to start a serious......
- Points To Consider When Picking A Backlink Service Business Picking an efficient provider of backlink service is essential towards the development of any on-line business. The key is acquiring backlinks from various websites with your niche since the more you will find, the far better for the webpage and its search engine ranking. Very good link creating is what......
- Business Insurance And Working From Home If you’re about to start up a business from your home, then it’s crucial that you’re correctly insured and that you fully comprehend the difference between a home contents insurance plan and one that covers the needs of your business (e.g public liability insurance). What will I need? All companies need a......
- Memorial Holiday Weekend Roundup and Weight Ladder on AllTop With Memorial Day this Monday I just wanted to take the time to say just how grateful I am for the service of our country's Veterans. God bless. All links to Alltop removed because of L.P. "Neenz" Faleafine with alltop. Without going into details let's just say that it was not......
- Non-public database abuse
- Free (and legal) music downloads coming by Christmas 2006 and DRM
- Trademark issue over Microsoft “Vista”
- Website Monitoring | Uptime Monitoring | Service Monitoring
- Voiceshot – Easy Way to Get a Message Out – Automated Message Calling