In order to work it must be on each page in your site and can give details such as which pages are most popular, where visitors are coming from. They’re integrating this into their adwords program, so if you advertise using adwords then you can see which adwords are the most valuable to you. Many of the values that can be tracked (location of browsers, where their coming from, which links get clicked) is something that other programs technically provide, however the interface for this is the slickest I’ve seen.
They for instance give a map overlay for placing of visitors, they can show a site overlay, so you can browse your own site with notes about what is clicked. Interesting.
Unfortunately at this time, this is big news and the analytics server is VERY slow, I’ve waited several minutes for the log in page to direct me to my account there. This does look to be a quite useful tool with some nice “eye candy” in the way of understandable and visually appealing ways to view the data they collect.
You can sign up to track multiple sites, (still limited to 5 million page views a month.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Wordpress 2.0 plugins One of the real hesitations I had in moving current sites to Wordpress 2.0 was the thought of "what plugins will break?" From what I saw the supported plugins list was short and so was the "broken" plugins list. Which said many were likely untested. So, after I installed a......
- Google Sitemaps continue to improve I've noticed that the information in Google Sitemaps continues to improve. For instance in the list of search terms and the average top position which is something that previously was quite tedious to figure out (search and then click until you find your page referenced...) It also gives content analysis......
- Google Adsense changes As I'm sure you've noticed, I use Google adsense on these pages. Now obviously I can't give statistics on how it does, but frankly what I've seen in the short time I've used it beats any other affiliate-type program I've used before. Yes, I've received checks from Amazon's associates program......
- Search Engine Marketing Techniques Search engine marketing (SEO) would be the procedure of enhancing the outlook of your web site/web page in search engines through "natural" or voluntary ("natural " or "algorithmic") results in the search engines. Principally, the original (or upper on the page) extra regularly an internet website looks within the results......
- The First Page of Google and How to Get Your Site There Google happens to be one of the most successful search engines out there, and that's for a reason - it gives high quality results for whatever you search. Google focuses on the user experience and offers excellence, which is what they want any site at the top of the SERPs......
- Does Your Google Page Rank Really Affect Your Corporate Blog? Spend a few weeks reading about search engine optimization and you’ll likely become obsessed with your Google page rank score. If you’re not familiar with this, it is a system employed by Google that determines the popularity of a site and then assigns a ranking to it. Many factors are......
- Google Analytics update
- Google Analytics under the microscope
- Adwords Referrals from Google
- More google news sitemaps….
- Google sign in’s out of order?