In order to work it must be on each page in your site and can give details such as which pages are most popular, where visitors are coming from. They’re integrating this into their adwords program, so if you advertise using adwords then you can see which adwords are the most valuable to you. Many of the values that can be tracked (location of browsers, where their coming from, which links get clicked) is something that other programs technically provide, however the interface for this is the slickest I’ve seen.
They for instance give a map overlay for placing of visitors, they can show a site overlay, so you can browse your own site with notes about what is clicked. Interesting.
Unfortunately at this time, this is big news and the analytics server is VERY slow, I’ve waited several minutes for the log in page to direct me to my account there. This does look to be a quite useful tool with some nice “eye candy” in the way of understandable and visually appealing ways to view the data they collect.
You can sign up to track multiple sites, (still limited to 5 million page views a month.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Risk - type strategy game using Google Maps This one caught my eye as I've spent many long hours playing different variations on the old strategy board game Risk. It appears that using Google Maps, a group has managed to write an API that let's you Play Risk with Google maps as the backdrop. It looks like for......
- Google Sitemaps continue to improve I've noticed that the information in Google Sitemaps continues to improve. For instance in the list of search terms and the average top position which is something that previously was quite tedious to figure out (search and then click until you find your page referenced...) It also gives content analysis......
- More google news sitemaps.... What are they trying to prove??? Okay, Google Analytics rolled out (slowly) earlier this week and is just now catching up on reporting data. It looked like one of the rockiest initial Google releases to date. This morning came the news of Google Base a way to submit and search,......
- SEO Mistakes Most people, though, still have a lot to learn. Search Engine Optimization, although only a piece of what we help people do, seems to be the most common challenge that causes people to initially seek our help. It's also the thing that people seem most confused about, as well......
- The First Page of Google and How to Get Your Site There Google happens to be one of the most successful search engines out there, and that's for a reason - it gives high quality results for whatever you search. Google focuses on the user experience and offers excellence, which is what they want any site at the top of the SERPs......
- Effective Ways to Get Traffic to Affiliate Sites Traffic is one of the most difficult things to get as an affiliate. How do you get it without wasting your money and how do you get traffic that actually converts into sales or leads? One thing is absolutely clear to any affiliate who gets started promoting products: itâs virtually......
- Google Analytics update
- Google Analytics under the microscope
- Adwords Referrals from Google
- More google news sitemaps….
- Google sign in’s out of order?