In order to work it must be on each page in your site and can give details such as which pages are most popular, where visitors are coming from. They’re integrating this into their adwords program, so if you advertise using adwords then you can see which adwords are the most valuable to you. Many of the values that can be tracked (location of browsers, where their coming from, which links get clicked) is something that other programs technically provide, however the interface for this is the slickest I’ve seen.
They for instance give a map overlay for placing of visitors, they can show a site overlay, so you can browse your own site with notes about what is clicked. Interesting.
Unfortunately at this time, this is big news and the analytics server is VERY slow, I’ve waited several minutes for the log in page to direct me to my account there. This does look to be a quite useful tool with some nice “eye candy” in the way of understandable and visually appealing ways to view the data they collect.
You can sign up to track multiple sites, (still limited to 5 million page views a month.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Scansafe tries to make web browsing safer... Scansafe is launching a new free product called scandoo which aims to tag search results with Green yellow and blow widgets so you know which sites are safe (green), dangerous (red) or uncertain (Yellow). ZDnet had news of the scandoo service which is not the first attempt at making the......
- Risk - type strategy game using Google Maps This one caught my eye as I've spent many long hours playing different variations on the old strategy board game Risk. It appears that using Google Maps, a group has managed to write an API that let's you Play Risk with Google maps as the backdrop. It looks like for......
- Google Sitemaps continue to improve I've noticed that the information in Google Sitemaps continues to improve. For instance in the list of search terms and the average top position which is something that previously was quite tedious to figure out (search and then click until you find your page referenced...) It also gives content analysis......
- Search Engine Marketing Techniques Search engine marketing (SEO) would be the procedure of enhancing the outlook of your web site/web page in search engines through "natural" or voluntary ("natural " or "algorithmic") results in the search engines. Principally, the original (or upper on the page) extra regularly an internet website looks within the results......
- Keeping Track of Your Favorite Information The old ways of staying up to date on important information, or stuff you are interested in, are no longer adequate. There is too much information and it is moving too fast for us to wait until it shows up in our mailbox or other print periodicals. Fortunately, the folks......
- What You Need to Know About Off Page SEO Search engine optimization is one of the most vital characteristics of your web marketing campaign, and in order to genuinely comprehend SEO and employ it, it is essential for you to be knowledgeable of how off-page optimization works to help you boost your search engine ranking. By merely having SEO......
- Google Analytics update
- Google Analytics under the microscope
- Adwords Referrals from Google
- More google news sitemaps….
- Google sign in’s out of order?