In order to work it must be on each page in your site and can give details such as which pages are most popular, where visitors are coming from. They’re integrating this into their adwords program, so if you advertise using adwords then you can see which adwords are the most valuable to you. Many of the values that can be tracked (location of browsers, where their coming from, which links get clicked) is something that other programs technically provide, however the interface for this is the slickest I’ve seen.
They for instance give a map overlay for placing of visitors, they can show a site overlay, so you can browse your own site with notes about what is clicked. Interesting.
Unfortunately at this time, this is big news and the analytics server is VERY slow, I’ve waited several minutes for the log in page to direct me to my account there. This does look to be a quite useful tool with some nice “eye candy” in the way of understandable and visually appealing ways to view the data they collect.
You can sign up to track multiple sites, (still limited to 5 million page views a month.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Google Sitemaps continue to improve I've noticed that the information in Google Sitemaps continues to improve. For instance in the list of search terms and the average top position which is something that previously was quite tedious to figure out (search and then click until you find your page referenced...) It also gives content analysis......
- Google Reader makes it easier to add RSS feeds to your profile The Google reader team have been working on ways to simplify adding RSS feeds to your Google Reader profile. There are a couple ways now to do this (outside of logging into reader and entering the address (or site) and searching for the feed that way. First up is a......
- Risk - type strategy game using Google Maps This one caught my eye as I've spent many long hours playing different variations on the old strategy board game Risk. It appears that using Google Maps, a group has managed to write an API that let's you Play Risk with Google maps as the backdrop. It looks like for......
- Search Engine Marketing Techniques Search engine marketing (SEO) would be the procedure of enhancing the outlook of your web site/web page in search engines through "natural" or voluntary ("natural " or "algorithmic") results in the search engines. Principally, the original (or upper on the page) extra regularly an internet website looks within the results......
- SEO Mistakes Most people, though, still have a lot to learn. Search Engine Optimization, although only a piece of what we help people do, seems to be the most common challenge that causes people to initially seek our help. It's also the thing that people seem most confused about, as well......
- Organization Search Engine Optimization - Points You'll Need To Know In case you wish to entirely grasp company Search engine optimization requirements, you need to begin with being aware of what Search engine optimization is really. Which is the search engine optimization that's necessary for improving internet websites. This is one way of back-link developing to enhance your website position.......
- Google Analytics update
- Google Analytics under the microscope
- Adwords Referrals from Google
- More google news sitemaps….
- Google sign in’s out of order?