I just read that Microsoft has released an update to the Malicious software removal tool. The updated version is not yet available at Windows or Microsoft update, but from Microsoft’s download center.
It should be able to deal with the following new bugs…
I’m glad to see them getting this update out the door.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Urgent AOL update This sounds like a serious vulnerability. The SecurityFix is reporting on a very serious vulnerability in AOL. The problem affects AOL version 8.0, AOL version 8.0+, and AOL version 9.0 Classic. The vulnerability could allow a remote attacker to take control of a users PC. Basically, all that would be......
- Microsoft to bundle anti-spyware with vista Well it shouldn't come as a big surprise, but Microsoft is expected to bundle their anti-spyware product (which will be renamed windows defender) with Vista when the next version of the OS ships. It's probably not a big surprise given the headaches that people have with spyware and the potential......
- Time to play catch up I've been out of town for several days (about 4) and came back to a dying hard drive and a two day project, so.... I've not been able to get any updates here for a bit. So, hopefully I can start playing catchup this morning. Although, I likely won't get......
- What is Patch Tuesday? Excellent explanation of Patch Tuesday by TMI Engineering Patch Tuesday is the second Tuesday of each month, the day on which Microsoft releases security patches. Starting with Windows 98, Microsoft included a "Windows Update" system, that would check for patches to Windows and its components which Microsoft would release intermittently. With......
- Even a Free Registry Fix Tool Can Remove the Registry Errors The registry of your computer get corrupted and clogged up as you keep using the computer. It's a natural process as we keep changing the settings of the computer to get optimum performance. As we make changes to the system the registry entries keep increasing and the registry become clogged......
- Microsoft Officially Shows Off Windows 8 [Video] Microsoft's Windows 7 is one of the best operating systems by Microsoft. Vista was also good, but Microsoft didn't take into consideration the hardware it's users might be using. So, if you needed to use Vista, you should have to completely upgrade your hardware. Rumors and leaks of Windows 8,......
- Esbot and Zotob removal tool
- Microsoft advisory on Sober “Awakening”
- Zotob worm bites big media outlets
- Esbot and Zotob updates….
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday January